Health

Brain eating amoeba in Louisiana water system

A brain eating amoeba has been detected in a Louisiana water system in Terrebonne Parish. Officials say the water is safe to drink, but don’t get any water up your nose or put your head under bath water.

The brain eating amoeba is called Naegleria fowleri and can cause brain infections that lead to the destruction of brain tissue.

Officials are going to boost chlorine levels of the water.

I would be unable to drink the water or even shower if I lived there. The only thing I’d be able to think about when looking at water would be brain eating amoeba. I’m not sure how people drink water there knowing it has the scary invisible brain eating stuff in it. I would be completely paranoid of the water and I’d have to move states.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/brain-eating-amoeba-detected-in-louisiana-water-system/